Our Chipotle Chili recipe pairs quite nicely with this Mark West Black Pinot Noir from Monterey County. It’s a dark, full-bodied, smooth wine with flavor notes of black plums, berries, mocha and vanilla. It has been aged in French and Hungarian Oak and averages $13 per bottle.
Chipotle Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 2 tsp. fresh chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1, 28 oz can diced tomatoes or 4 fresh, large whole
- 1, 15 oz can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Drain all excess fat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until boiling for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Enjoy! Serve with shredded cheddar, chives, low fat sour cream and tortilla chips.